Joining Foot & Ankle Specialists of Iowa in September 2003, Dr. David K. Hemmes is from Hilo, Hawaii. A graduate of Central College in Pella and Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, he completed his residencies in Foot and Ankle Surgery at Caritas Carney Hospital, in Boston, MA.
If you're diabetic and have foot ulcers or other wounds that aren't healing or seem to be taking too long to heal, I'd like to meet with you.
• Board Certified in Foot Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
• American Podiatric Medical Association - Member
• Iowa Podiatric Medical Society - Member
• Jones County Regional Medical Center Wound Clinic - Staff member
• St. Luke's Hospital Wound Healing Center - Staff member with a special interest
in wound care
• St. Luke's Hospital
• Mercy Center
• Surgery Center
As an active community lecturer, Dr. Hemmes regularly speaks on the subject of diabetic foot care at the Joslin Diabetes Education Center at Mercy Medical Center, Cedar Rapids, IA and is available upon request.
• Buchanan County Health Center - Independence IA
• Jones Regional Medical Center - Anamosa, IA